The Quad Cities Road Race Series consists of six events where riders can accumulate points towards an annual championship. The series will consist of three road races and three time trials of differing distances and terrain. A spot on the podium will favor a well-balanced rider who can finish well across disciplines, varying distances and terrain. Podium finishers for each individual event and the annual series will be awarded prizes and a chance to be recognized by their peers and the community alike. Points towards the annual series championship will be awarded as follows:
- 10 points
- 5 points
- 3 points
- 1 point for all other finishers
Races are generally held on Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. Each event will occur rain or shine but may be cancelled due to severe weather. The race schedule is as follows:
- May 8 - Time Trial - 10k on out of back course over flat terrain. Starting location - Post Office Barstow, IL.
- May 22 - Road Race - 25 miles on rolling terrain. Starting Location - High School - Orion, IL
- June 5 - Time Trial - 25k on out of back course over flat terrain. Starting location - Post Office Barstow, IL.
- June 26 - Road Race - 50 miles consisting of 3 laps on hilly circuit. Starting location - Adventure Quest Port Byron, IL
- July 17 - Time Trial - 20k (approx.) on rolling terrain. Starting location - Township Park Cordova, IL
- August 20 - Road Race - 25 miles on rolling terrain with short gravel sector. Cody Elementary Le Claire, IA