May is National Bike Month, and Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) is celebrating with Bike to Work
Week. Board with a bike May 12-16, 2014, and you’ll ride free.
Bike racks are available on all DART buses. Riders are responsible
for loading, securing and removing their bikes from the racks.
DART's bus routes cover the cities of Altoona, Ankeny, Des Moines,
Clive, Johnston, Pleasant Hill, Urbandale, West Des Moines, and Windsor
Heights. Our fleet of 90 DART buses travel over 15,000 miles throughout
the Des Moines area daily making trips to shopping malls, major business
districts, residential areas and schools. ROUTE MAP
Putting Bikes on the Bus Rack
- Ensure the bus is completely stopped before stepping in front of the bus.
- If the rack is in the upright position, squeeze the release handle on the top and lower the rack.
- Lift your bike into the wheel slots. If there is already a bike on
the rack, load yours in the opposite direction in the remaining slot.
- When your bike is loaded, lift the support arm up and over the front bike tire as close to the bike frame as possible.
Removing Bikes from the Bus Rack
- Exit the bus through the front door, letting the operator know you will be unloading your bike.
- Lift the support arm from the bike’s front tire and take it out of the rack.
- If the rack is empty, raise the rack up against the bus.
For complete instructions on how to load and unload your bike,click here.
For more information about DART services or this promotion, please call Customer Service at 515-283-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.