Dubuque, Iowa – Oct. 11, 2016 – The Iowa Transportation Commission today approved $2,514,678 for five State Recreational Trails Program projects. The State Recreational Trails Program was created in 1988 with the purpose of developing and maintaining recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both motorized and nonmotorized trail users. This funding is available to cities, counties, state agencies, local governments, and nonprofit organizations through an annual application-based program.
Projects and approved funding amounts
- East Blue Creek Bridge Replacement Along Cedar Valley
Nature Trail(Linn and Black Hawk County conservation boards) $250,000
- Extension of Felderman Trail (Bellevue and Iowa Department of
Natural Resources) $300,000
- Interstate 29 Riverfront Trail Connection (Sioux City) $650,000
- Iowa River Trail – Marshalltown to South Side of Iowa River
- Rolling Prairie Trail – Allison to Bristow (Butler County
For more information, contact: Yvonne Diller at 515-239-1252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.