The Sac County Endowment Foundation (SCEF) has announced they have opened the application period for their latest round of grants. According to SCEF President, Dawn Potthoff, the foundation receives funding each year from the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) sourced from Iowa gaming revenues. Of the money received, 25 percent must be put in a permanent endowment fund for future project. She says the remaining 75 percent is distributed throughout the county to support local projects.
Potthoff said the size of each award will depend on the number of applications and the cost of the chosen projects. The Sac County Endowment Foundation has supported substantial projects throughout the county, including the Lake View splash pad in Speaker Park, Wall Lake’s newest shelter house and Auburn’s Grant Park Trail.