The Iowa Transportation Commission approved $2,748,949 for eight State Recreational Trails Program projects. The State Recreational Trails Program was created in 1988 with the purpose of developing and maintaining recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both motorized and non-motorized trail users. This funding is available to cities, counties, state agencies, local governments, and nonprofit organizations through an annual application-based program.
The projects and approved funding amounts are listed below.
- Carlisle Connection Trail (Des Moines) $ 400,000
- Eldora Trail Expansion (Eldora) $ 397,000
- Gear Avenue Trail Extension Phase II (West Burlington) $ 345,357
- Glenwood Trail (Glenwood) $ 200,000
- Great Western Connector Trail (Manning) $ 200,242
- Heart of Iowa Nature Trail from 610th Avenue to 620th Avenue
(Story County Conservation Board) $ 225,000
- Raccoon River Valley Trail to High Trestle Trail Connector
Phase V (Dallas County Conservation Board) $ 400,000
- West Union to Echo Valley State Park -"Gateway to Recreation" trail (West Union) $ 581,350
For more information, contact Craig Markley at 515-239-1027 or email@example.com.